Guest Blog Post by The Creative Group
For some, the Fall feels like a new beginning, with challenges and workload ratcheting up. For others, the Summer mentality, and the cobwebs, linger. Either way, a little extra shot of design inspiration wouldn’t hurt.
As part of the Creative Team of the Future project, The Creative Group and AIGA asked more than 750 designers to share their secrets for jump-starting creativity. Here are five noteworthy nuggets of advice:
1. Head for the coffee shop in the next town over for a fresh perspective.
2. Brainstorm with someone who is NOT a designer.
3. Form a creativity group at work to share ideas and current projects.
4. Start a photography habit to capture inspiration wherever you go.
5. Take a cue from the experts by following these 12 tips from Disney’s Yellow Shoes Creative Group, McKesson, National Parks magazine, Square and Target.