Visual Connections Image Expo New York is returning Thursday October 27 to the Metropolitan Pavilion in Manhattan. Workbook, a major marketing resource for commercial photographers and illustrators, will again be the principal sponsor of the event.
“Workbook’s involvement last year took us in an exciting new direction, into assignment photography, illustration and footage, perfectly complementing the traditionally strong presence of creative and editorial stock agencies,” state event organizers Deborah Free and Edward Leigh (pictured left). “It has helped us become a meeting place for all visual creatives. Those who routinely use stock benefit from seeing the work of some of the world’s top photographers; those who mainly commission new content benefit from seeing a wide variety of stock available at a time when budgets are tight.”
The expo hosts a range of international and niche suppliers, including stock image and footage agencies, artist reps and production companies. According to a study, 97% of the people who attend Visual Connections are actively seeking new providers of visual media and are able to find agencies and reps they hadn’t heard of or wouldn’t have found out about any other way. Four educational sessions are scheduled, including a Q&A with a panel, featuring attorney Nancy Wolff, on copyright and fair use as it pertains to social media.
Visual Connections offers the opportunity for art directors and designers to discover new suppliers of visual media and network with peers in the industry by:
- Discovering inspiring new sources of still and moving imagery from specialty editorial collections to creative stock.
- Discussing needs for custom content with artists reps and production companies.
- Attending educational sessions programmed through the day.
- Networking with visual creatives from advertising, design, publishing and TV production.
- Enjoying lunch, snacks and drinks throughout the day, including wine and beer from 5 pm.
- Taking part in the prize drawing, with the top prize worth $2,000.