Landing a job offer can be a major career accomplishment – and a big confidence booster. But is it really the right role and company for you? Here are five important factors to keep in mind when weighing the pros and cons of accepting a job offer.
- Company culture. Loose and collaborative or intense and competitive? Ask anyone you know who may have insider insights, check out company reviews online and use your own perceptions to decide if you’ll be a fit with the company’s culture.
- Financial standing. Salary is a key consideration, and accepting an offer you feel is too low can leave you feeling resentful at the start. Speaking of money, don’t forget to research the company’s financial performance, too.
- The space you’ll work in. You’re a creative professional; the office vibe matters. If possible, visit your specific work area and ask yourself how you feel in that space. Will it encourage you to be innovative and productive?
- Opportunities to grow and advance. When you have a job offer in hand, it’s vital to look ahead to the future. Does the company offer professional development options that match up with your big-picture career goals?
- Your gut instinct. Are you nervous but excited, or feeling a little underwhelmed and apprehensive? Your heart and your head are essential when it comes to your career, so be sure to consider both when deciding your next move.
For additional tips, visit the TCG Blog.
The Creative Group (TCG) specializes in connecting interactive, design, advertising, marketing and public relations talent with the best companies. More information can be found at roberthalf.com/creativegroup.