The Pantone® Fashion Color Trend Report Spring/Summer 2020 edition for New York Fashion Week, features the top 12 stand out colors, as well as current takes on the four classic neutrals we can expect to see on the runway. According to the Pantone Color Institute experts, the colors express our desire for a sense of the familiar, convey a sense of ease, and, at the same time, in “this era of personalized self-expression, this palette of recognized favorites uses the familiar to take some unique twists and turns highlighting elements of humor, modernity and entertainment.” Explains Leatrice Eiseman, Executive Director of the Pantone Color Institute: “Combining our desire for stability, creativity, and more spontaneous design approaches, the color palette for Spring/Summer 2020 infuses heritage and tradition with a colorful youthful update that creates strong multi-colored combinations as well as energizing and optimistic pairings.”
About the Spring/Summer 2020 NYFW Color Palette: Colorful favorites coupled with seasonal core shades come together to create a palette of modern color classics.
- 18-1662 Flame Scarlet: Burning bright, Flame Scarlet exudes confidence and determination.
- 14-1064 Saffron: Pungent Saffron adds a flavorful brilliance to the palette.
- 19-4052 Classic Blue: A boundless blue hue, Classic Blue is evocative of the vast and infinite evening sky.
- 15-5718 Biscay Green: An aqua shade connected to cleansing waters, Biscay Green cools and refreshes.
- 19-0323 Chive: A savory herbal green, Chive imparts a healthy and restorative harmony.
- 17-4021 Faded Denim: A relatable and dependable blue conveys comfort and ease.
- 16-1359 Orange Peel: A tasteful tang.
- 18-4528 Mosaic Blue: The teal displays an air of mystique, grace and depth of feeling.
- 13-0822 Sunlight: Soft Sunlight invites happiness, pleasant cheer and a smiling presence.
- 14-1318 Coral Pink: Coral Pink wraps you up in a warm and welcoming embrace.
- 18-1345 Cinnamon Stick: Earthy and warm, Cinnamon Stick is sweet yet spicy.
- 18-3513 Grape Compote: A composite of mysterious and mellow purple shades.
About the Spring/Summer 2020 Classics: Displaying an element of natural sophistication and versatility, this season’s core hues serve as singular color statements or as a foundation for playful color contrasts.
- 16-1324 Lark: Authentic and low-key, Lark is an understated and versatile khaki.
- 19-3923 Navy Blazer: Deep blue Navy Blazer is stylish and self-assured.
- 11—4001 Brilliant White: Clean, crisp and pristine Brilliant White is suggestive of simplicity and modernity.
- 16-3802 Ash: Solid and strong, eternally timeless Ash conveys a message of longevity.
To support the Pantone Fashion Color Trend Report for Spring/Summer 2020 for NY and London, Pantone has partnered with Adobe Stock to curate a collection of images that reflect the palette of 12 top fashion colors as well as 4 core shades.