Learn More & Get Exclusive Discount (Promo Code GDUSAEGG25)
Spot colors are critical components to commercial design and Extended Color Gamut printing changes the game for designers and brands who want their colors more accurately matched quicker, easier and with using less wasted resources.
The PANTONE EXTENDED GAMUT Coated guide features simulations of 1,729 PLUS SERIES FORMULA GUIDE Coated colors printed using a seven-color printing process. By adding Orange, Green and Violet (OGV) to the traditional Cyan, Magenta, Yellow and Black (CMYK) inks, you can achieve an acceptable visual match for approximately 90% of the solid colors in the PANTONE MATCHING SYSTEM®.
Adding these commonly used inks “extends” the attainable color gamut significantly and allows us to match closer to Spot colors that have traditionally been difficult to achieve. For example, orange colors will look truer and cleaner when orange ink is introduced to a print process instead of trying to achieve a suitable match from mixing yellow and magenta inks together.
Who Can Benefit From the EXTENDED GAMUT Coated Guide and How?
See how closely seven-color process colors can match spot colors
- Expect more satisfying, richer, more vibrant printed color results as compared to CMYK
- Confirm acceptable, realistic color reproduction standards before press
- Enables lower print MOQs
- Save money and time with fewer approval rounds
- Go-to-market faster
- Freedom to choose more colors and confidence they can be achieved
- Set expectations for color reproduction when process printing logos with multiple spot colors
- Maintain tighter control of your brand standards among multiple vendors
- Save time – fewer approval rounds
The PANTONE EXTENDED GAMUT Guide is easy to use!
- Select the desired color from FORMULA GUIDE or COLOR BRIDGE
- Find the same color in the EXTENDED GAMUT Guide and compare both guides side-by-side
- If the Extended Gamut color is not a visually acceptable match, the color should remain specified as a solid.
- When the Extended Gamut color appears adequate, specify the XGC color in the artwork
- Tell your printer that you want them to use ECG process printing to complete your project
Exclusive Promotional Offer When You Shop At Pantone Website:
Now get 25% off any of the four Extended Gamut Guide products with this exclusive promotional offer from Pantone and GDUSA!
* GDUSAEGG25 code applies to GG7000 Extended Gamut Guide, 2015-004S Solid-To-Seven Set, 2015-005S Bridge-To-Seven Set, 2015-009S Color Extended Combo. Limit one coupon code per order. Offer ends 11:59pm ET 12/31/2016